Congratulations on making the decision to investigate therapy. For some, this decision is made during stressful times; unfulfilling relationships, difficult situations, family tensions or just depression, anxiety or anger can often be the catalysts that bring people to seek a counselor.
As you may see above I specialize in a number of areas
Traditional and Non-Traditional Relationships
- Is your relationship becoming serious, would you prefer not to be one of the 55% of relationships that end in separation or divorce after marriage?
- Are you looking for a meaningful, and more fulfilling relationship with the ones you love?
- Does your relationship encompass more then the word 'Couple' can contain, Do you want to talk to someone who truly understands the complex dynamics that you live in?
- Are you Polyamorous, Ethically Non-Monogamous, Sex positive or Kinky and you want a counselor who understands you?
Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Intersexed, Questioning, Allies and Family members.
- Do you want a counselor who understands your relationship?
- Are you facing the stresses of coming out, self acceptance, or the difficulties of living as a marginalized member of society?
- Did your friend, family member or child just come out, or did you discover something you haven't been told?
Modern Lifestyle Concerns, Subcultures and Fandoms.
- Does your life not move in the same flow as others, have an overnight job or other shifted schedule, and find it hard to relate with friends and family because of that?
- Do people complain you are too connected to tech, or say you are antisocial?
- Concerned about being a Gamer, Otaku, Whovian, Furry, or Treckie and talking about it with a counselor?
- Have you recently suffered a loss, or are you grieving someone you care about?
- Feeling like everything is grey, dull and depressing?
- Does fear or anxiety guide your decisions or restrict your life?
- Are you feeling stuck, or looking for someone to help as you move into the next stage of your journey?
These are all feelings that I have experience helping other face, your needs are unique but I believe in a tailored approach to each person that I serve. Drawing on the experience and encouragement of someone familiar with your concerns, interested in your values and engaged in your success is not a weakness, it is a healthy human need.
I invite you to explore my website to learn more about my services and the benefits of psychotherapy. My office is centrally located to most of Seattle's Central district, Downtown and Capitol Hill/First Hill. I have late evening and weekend office hours available that are more amenable to people who work in the IS, IT and Service Industries.
Therapy should be a safe place to explore the depths of your humanity, celebrate your culture and identity, and allow your most positive self to surface. Therapy gives you the safety and support to gaze into the shadows, and shed light onto the dark places. The ultimate goal of therapy is to help you uncover your true potential and lead a life that is worth celebrating. While we can't change difficult situations of the past, we can work together to better understand and resolve challenges in your life.